Reported by Mr. Victor Ciangura.

more photos on:

Under 15 Group H

Sliema   0       St Andrew   6

Victor Ciangura

The final result is a clear indication that there was only one team in the game which was dominated by St Andrew  for the whole 70 minutes as Sliema were never in the game as they only created a handful of actions.

The Saints went straight on the offensive in search of an early lead.Mattias Ellul released Aleaxander Spiteri on the left flank and Sliema keeper Muhab Al Matroud had to come out of his charge to kick the ball away. Matthew Bonnici served Spiteri with a cross from the right flank and Al Matroud saved his shot from inside the area. Spiteri then missed the upright from inside the area after a left flank cross by Ellul and Ellul then missed the upright by inches from close-range after a Spiteri through ball.


The rout commenced in the 17th minute as Luca Zammit released Spiteri in the area who scored with a low drive after dribbling past an opponent and two minutes later they doubled as after an Ellul flag kick from the right flank Matt Gatt scored with a header.

The pressure resumed. Spiteri set Timothy Zammit Lupi free on the right flank and Al Matroud neutralised the ball following his high cross , and in Sliema’s first action in the 25th minute Ahmed Al Sadi was fouled in midfield and St Andrew keeper Matthew Grima saved the free kick by Jean C Bugeja Aboumehdi.

Three more goals were scored were scored in the space of four minutes between the 26 and 30th minutes. Spiteri served Zammit Lupi with a through ball who then released Nicholas Galea in the area who scored with a low drive. Jake Parnis served Spiteri with a cross from the left flank who netted with a rising shot from inside the area and Andrew Borg controlled the ball on the edge of the area after a faulty clearance and gave Al Matroud no chance with a hard rising shot in the top left hand corner of the net, and in the last action before the break Nicholas Grima served Ellul on the left flank and following his cross Al Matroud saved the ball to a corner.


Soon after the resumption the Saints resumed with their pressing. Spiteri served Borg in the area and a defender cleared the ball to a corner following his shot. Ellul served Spiteri with a square pass on the edge of the area and Al Matroud denied him with a diving save. After an Ellul flag kick Galea missed the upright from the edge of the area after a hard first-timer.


The sixth and final goal was scored in the 56th minute as after an Ellul flag kick  the ball was partly cleared outside the area and as Spiteri served Galea with a square pass he scored with a hard rising shot.

The last action before the end was created by Sliema as after a right flank free kick by Mohamed Edeeb, Grima was forced to fist the ball away follwing his hard rising shot.


Sliema:  M. Al Matroud, G.Agius, M.Edeeb, K.Grech, Z.Calleja, G.Buttigieg, A. Al-Sadi, J.C. Bugeja Aboumehdi (Capt), J.Pullicino, A.A, Doda, D.Cordina

St Andrew:  M.Grima, M.Bonnici, M.Gatt, M.Ellul, J.Parnis, A.Borg, N.Grech, T.Zammit Lupi, A.Spiteri, J.Pace, L.Zammit

Player of the match: Mattias Ellul (St Andrew)

Referee:  Joseph Azzopardi